The Women's Crisis Shelter is a non-profit organization.
While part of the basic costs of running the Shelter are subsidized in part by the Ministry of Social Affairs, additional support and services including educational and recreational services, legal assistance for the women, and special support group activities, must be raised entirely from private sources.
The Women's Crisis Shelter is a small and modest organization. Your donation to the Shelter will be used for the sole purpose of financing services, products and activities for the Shelter's residents.
Donors are invited to allocate their donation for a special goal (such as children's enrichment activities or battered women's empowerment). Donors are getting detailed yearly (or bi-yearly) activity and financial report.
How to make a donation to the Shelter:
- Mail a check to the Shelter's postal address: P.O. Box 7611, Haifa 31076 Israel
- Make a Bank transfer into the Shelter's account at the First International Bank, Hadar Branch (007) Account Number 105-583626.
American donors are invited to donate by donor-advised donation to the Haifa Women's Crisis Shelter through the Jewish IRS tax-exempt 501(c) (3) organization:
- Via the New Israel Fund (NIF). The Shelter's number in the NIF is 5327.
- Via your local Jewish Federation, this will transfer your donation to us through the Jewish Agency.
- Via the P.E.F - Israel Endowment Fund .
- Via the Internet: through the Israel Toremet organization